Saturday, January 21, 2006

End of the Semester

Well, the semester has ended. This past week was really stressful and long getting all of the grades together for my 200 students. Also we had there final tests to check, and I can now sympathize with all of those English teachers out there who check essays for grammar and content. But thank God, I am finished and now it is break time.

We have 3 weeks off for Chinese New Year, and I will have an opportunity to travel. I am going to South Korea for 3 days to visit my good friend Tom. Also, I will have the chance to go to Thailand for 6 days. I am very excited for both trips, and will be taking a lot of pictures.

One picture, before I go. Every other Saturday, students of Concordia come to school in the morning for 2 periods of club time and 2 periods of class. On campus there are many clubs. I have visited several including guitar club, drama club, dancing club, economics club, volunteer club, greenhouse/animal club, and various sports clubs. Another club is the Coffee Club. Students make coffe and also have some breakfast during this club. I have 6 or 7 students who are in this club, so I have stopped by a couple of times to see what they were doing. A bonus of course is that they immediately give me coffee, a small piece of the breakfast, and chair to relax in. To show my appreciation, sometime next semester I am going to try to make French Toast for them.

In the meantime, here's a picture of me with some of those students. I am holding a cup of coffee that they made.

No comments: