Saturday, September 09, 2006

One Week Down

Hey everyone! Well, the first full week of the semester came and went. It went rather fast, and I am very excited for the things that God has in store for the upcoming semester. I think most of all I am anticipated the growth, learning, and relationships that will be developed in my Senior 1 Advanced English Class. I have 35 students in that class, and I will get to see them 4 times a week. 4 TIMES A WEEK!!!. That is twice the amount that I saw any of my classes last year. We have already met 5 times, and I think they are a real fun group of kids and I am know this is going to be a great year with them.

As I am teaching this class, I definitely feel more like a real teacher. I have found myself typing lesson plans, preparing weekly schedules for the students and creating a sheet of notes for the upcoming classes and their corresponding discussions. It is a little different than last year, but I do think it is a good thing.

I am also very pumped about all of the other ministry opportunities that will continue this semester at school, with church, and in other places. I will try to elaborate on these in future blogs and newsletters.

Finally this past week I found an Chinese teacher for the upcoming semester/year. Her English name is Grace, and I first met her on a school weekend trip to Taipei this past July. I had the chance to have a conversation with her and found out that she was Pastor Carl Hanson's former Chinese teacher, and she is also a Christian. Furthermore she teaches Chinese to the students at Concordia, so this is what she does professionally in her life. She is a really nice lady and we are going to start lessons this week. Each week we are going to do both work in a book and also reading from the Bible. Praise God for the opportunities He has provided this year.

To close, I want to have a new picture of "The Family." This is a photo taken from the last English worship and includes all of the missionaries in addition to some of our Taiwanese friends.

No comments: