Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back on the island...

Well I made it back to Taiwan without any major problems. My plane did sit on the runway for an hour and a half in Detroit (this was due to a computer malfunction, so thankfully they did take the time to fix it). However, we actually gained quite a bit of time flying over the ocean and ended up landing 10 minutes earlier than scheduled.

These past couple of days I have been trying to adjust my body to the new time zone, clean my desk and room, teach classes and exercise. For teaching, I have 3 7th grade classes everyday. We are learning basic English such as colors, numbers and simple verbs such as give, take, and stand. The trick is that we are also teaching past tense with these words and the students have had a difficult time picking up the past tense.

The excercise is to get back in to the habbit and to help shed some of the pounds I put on while back in the States. I love being home and eating all of the delicious American food that is harder to come by in Taiwan. Unfortunately, I like it a little too much and usually put on some excess weight. This summer it was 8 pounds, which is less than last year, but still will be nice to lose in the coming weeks.

Signing off for now!!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Only 8 pounds? How'd you manage that? I bet I ate at least 8 pounds worth just of grandma's cookies...