Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Flemenco Dancing

Well I just wanted to give a quick update on the show. Last night I went to the Flemenco show. This was what I had written earlier about, concerning to previous theatrical experiences that were not that great. So...last night was the third attempt at going to the theater this year.

Overall, the show was pretty good. There was a guy who played the guitar in the Spanish style that is very quick and has a lot of finger-picking. He was extremely talented, and for me he was the highlight of the evening.

The show also had a lot of rhythmic hand clapping to correspond with the guitar and footstomping. The sound of these three together was lively, and unique. On top of the music was singing, none of which I could understand. They people were singing in Spanish and almost wailing or yelling as they sang. This was not something that I was particularily fond of. In addition, I did not really follow any story line, so that made the night a little more boring.

Overall, though it was some great music, powerful dancing, and a nice night out. Much better than the old men wearing underwear and the Buddhist play.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hahah! I went to see Flamenco Dancing once with Anna, Michael, and I think maybe Kevin and James? All I remember is Michael covering his eyes for most of it... :)