Sunday, September 11, 2005

Just a Lazy Work Day

Today has been really good. I have had a chance to take it easy and accomplish some things that needed to be done. This afternoon me, Anna H, and Molly began practicing and picking songs for Friday Night Bible Study. I love this part of the ministry. It all reminds me so much of playing at camp with the "Guys Not Named Steve" and also playing in Sergeant Bluff with Dayspring. Good times then and good times now as well. Also, the kids at Bible study love singing! It makes for a wonderful way to get them excited to learn about the Lord for the evening.

Other than practice, I have also had a chance to organize some things for teaching. I have used Excel to set up my gradebook for all 13 of my classes (thank you Molly!). Later I will finish checking the paragraphs my Senior 1 students wrote, and prepare my lessons for tomorrow and the rest of the week. I love being able to sit here and work at my own pace, while I listen to music. (Right now it is U2 for those of you who are curious)


A couple of things that need to be addressed before I finish my blog.

First, I will eat a giant helping of humble pie. I woke up this morning to check the score of the Iowa-Iowa State game, and was in shock. Much credit to Iowa State. I guess I am more surprised at the score than anything. The eternal optimist in me knows that the Hawks can still recover and have a really good season. They are going to need Drew Tate though.

Secondly, we went to a KTV (karoke) place to sing some songs. There were about 15 of us who went and it was an outstanding time. Karoke is done a little differently on this side of the world. You rent out a room and you sing songs with just the group of people that you come with. There is a big TV (which shows pictures in the background in addition to the words), and there are 4 or 5 mics that we passed around the room. For the most part, even those without a mic sang along to the music. The highlight of the night for me was singing Total Eclipse of the Heart (as sang by Nikki French). It was a blast! Zeke, I wish you could have been there to sing as well.


A picture inside the Karoke Room



Molly, Noel, Anna, and Anne Singing Karoke



Mark at his finest

Alright, I suppose it is time to get back to work.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

You just can't stay away from the microphone, can you Mark? Was this performance also accompanied by some dancing?