Friday, September 23, 2005

Return to Blogging

Hello everyone, I am back. First apologies to all who read my blog. Beyond the busy schedule, I have been not feeling well this past week. So I will try to catch everyone up on the past week or so. Also a second note, to prevent spam on my blog, in order to post you now need to write a "confirmation" word. You will need to do this anytime you want to comment, but spammers cannot send out mass emails on my blog this way.

Last weekend was a great experience. We on Saturday we celebrated Moon Festival at a friend's house. Her family had all of the foreign teachers at Concordia over for Moon Festival BBQ. Moon Festival is a celebration of harvest, the moon, and a time for family to get together. In addition to eating a ton of food, we also had sparklers.

On Sunday, we had missionary worship. All of the missionaries in Taiwan came down to Concordia for an afternoon service. Following the service we had a reception/potluck at our house. I made chili, but unfortunately it got burned. I was told that it had a "smokey" flavor. Between the steaks, chicken, other sides, and fellowship, it was a great time!

On Monday evening I started to feel a little under the weather. On Tuesday afternoon, it hit me like a sledgehammer, and I began to feel really bad. The past days I have been drinking plenty of orange juice, taking vitamins, and getting rest. Right now I have a lot more energy, and am well on the road to recovery. I was talking with a co-worker who reminded me of the differences in strains of viruses between the US and a foreign country. So I am definitely more vulnerable to illness, and also all of the missionaries throughout the world will be facing the same problems.

New pictures:
I have a lot of new pictures on my webpage(see side-bar). In the album titled "School Stuff", I have pictures of the high school, more outside my office, and pictures of my classroom and my Senior 1A class.

I also have a new album with pictures from Moon festival celebrations.

Finally there is a album from a family worship we had our house. This is really cool, as it includes pictures of many of my Taiwanese friends from church.

Prayer requests:
Health for me and all of us missionaries.

Thanksgiving for all of the opportunities God has given us to spread the Gospel here in Taiwan.

No comments: